Simply put, warehousing is the process of storing items in a certain location during the shipping or fulfilment portion of a business transaction as they transit from one point to another in the supply chain to get to the end customer.
You can temporarily store items in your business’ stockroom or your shipping dock, but to get the maximum use out of your space and to help you control inventory and shipping costs, it’s best to store your physical goods in a safe and secure warehouse.
Why use an external warehouse to store my products?
The explosion of e-commerce over the past 2 years has put a lot of pressure on storage space and delivery times. Tech savvy customers constantly order products online and expect fast delivery times. Having warehousing facilities in a centrally-located area of the city enables you to provide faster shipping options and keeps the customer happy and coming back to you.
Also, having 3rd party external warehouse space speeds up your delivery to your clients and helps control your inventory costs by eliminating the extra steps of receiving all the products in-house, unpacking, picking, re-packing and finally shipping it all back out. It also helps minimize mistakes with all these manual processes, since warehousing staff are experts at what they do; and they do it every single day, day in and day out.
You may need warehousing facilities for:
- Inventory storage: free up space and your employees’ time by storing your products at an off-site facility
- Cross-province or cross-border shipping: separate and rearrange your orders on a regional basis, and send the right inventory to the right destination from the get-go
- Optimizing your capacity: combine multiple shipments and multiple orders into one container for a more cost-effective delivery
- Centralizing your shipments: use a centrally-located effective distribution centre as the warehousing hub for your business
- Improving your delivery times: get your shipments out to your customers faster with a centrally-located warehouse close to your clients locations
Why use High Energy Transport for your storage and warehousing needs?
Whether you are looking for short term or long term storage and warehousing, we are certain we can meet your needs. High Energy Transport’s staff become an extension of your team and can work with you, your busy schedule and your demanding customers.
Our warehouse is centrally located in the Greater Toronto area close to the major Highways – 400, 407, 427, 401, 410, 403 – and Toronto Pearson International Airport:
- Over 120,000 square feet of space
- Over 2000 regular sized skids
- Can handle oversized skids
- Temperature controlled
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
Looking for someone to destuff your containers, sort them, skid them and send them back out?
We have you covered. Our cross docking/transloading areas are ready to meet your service needs.
Contact us today to learn how we can help your business manage its inventory costs with effective storage and warehousing.
Contact Us for a Free Quote
Every day there are more goods, products and equipment being shipped across the country, throughout the province or simply across town. This has certainly been the case for the past 18 months as E-commerce orders have skyrocketed and more businesses and consumers are having products delivered to their doors.
However, not all packages are alike and some products require special care & attention during the packing, shipping and delivery process. This is especially true for fragile, oversized or heavy items, or for items that may require on-site assembly.
What is a White Glove Service?
A White Glove Service is a premium delivery service that provides extra care and attention for those products that need a bit of extra TLC to get it to its intended destination. The items can also be unpacked, assembled, moved into the right position and the packaging materials can be disposed of for you.
These items can be products delivered to a warehouse, to a business' shipping dock, to a retail location that doesn't have a shipping dock or directly to a consumer's home. Think about:
- Large appliances including removal of the old appliances in a consumer's home
- Shipping hot tubs to a retail store's showroom
- A new dentist's chair for a dental office in a local strip mall
- A billiards table for the rec room of that new startup uptown
- A 3D Printer for a local manufacturer in the suburbs
- An industrial air conditioning unit for an office tower downtown
What are the benefits of a White Glove Service?
There are many reasons why you should consider a White Glove Service for some of your shipments:
- It's easy: one call takes care of shipping, unpacking, assembling and disposing of materials
- It's simple: your White Glove Service provider coordinates all the delivery team's activities and arranges for proper scheduling and execution
- It's fast: you don't have time to waste to unpack and assemble the items yourself, let alone figure out how to dispose of the packaging materials. Let the experts take care of that for you
- Better customer satisfaction: your clients will appreciate the White Glove Service treatment, and that means better online reviews, repeat business and referrals
- Fewer Product Returns: Professional installation means fewer problems and fewer defects which will help improve your bottom line and also increase customer satisfaction
- Save time and money: getting it done right the first time without having to coordinate between multiple parties will save you time, effort, money and headaches
Why use High Energy Transport for you White Glove Service needs?
We know we are an extension of your company and we want your customers to come back to you for future purchases. We take every step necessary to make certain it happens.Our team of qualified and experienced members is ready to deliver your products to your customers. We can receive your products at our Bolton warehouse, arrange a delivery time, deliver, unpack, assemble as well as remove and dispose of all packaging materials for you.
We guarantee your customers will be left with a smile and a big thumbs up.
Contact us today to learn how we can help your business succeed.
|Posted in:White Glove Service|
What is Final Mile Delivery?
Final Mile Delivery or Last Mile Delivery is that last link in the supply chain where a product or shipment actually makes it to its intended recipient, whether it's at a business location, a retail store, a customer's home or to a designated collection point like a lockbox used for e-commerce.
The products may be stored in a warehouse location, a distribution center or even a retail store, and getting them to the client on time is crucial. The final mile delivery is the most expensive part of the supply chain, and can create a lot for headaches for 3PL companies, especially since there are more e-commerce deliveries now than ever before. E-commerce deliveries have changed the dynamics from shipping a few large orders from storage locations to businesses and store, to shipping very many smaller orders to multiple locations in a broader geographical scope.
3PL companies are struggling with this new environment, and this is where a reliable transportation partner can make a world of difference in not only keeping costs down but also accelerating the speed of deliveries and increasing customer satisfaction as well.
What to look for in a shipping partner?
There are many factors to consider when selecting the right shipping partner for your last mile deliveries:
- A centrally located warehouse close to major highways for ease of access. This is important as the warehouse will not only be closer to your clients, but it will help shorten delivery times as well.
- 24-Hour access. The warehouse and sorting facility should be accessible 24 hours a day; business never stops and neither should your ability to move your products.
- Handling of heavy and oversized shipments. This is a critical function for large commercial, industrial or residential shipments, whether it's air conditioning units for a strip mall, a CNC machine for an auto parts shop or a 10-person hot tub for a homeowner.
- Experienced staff in handling high volumes of orders with a history of reliable, on-time deliveries.
- Excellent communications and collaboration. Needless to say this will ensure a smooth handling of your shipments and delivering the right order to the right customer at the right time.
Your perfect partner: High Energy Transport
With over 40 years of experience within the transportation industry, High Energy Transport is your partner of choice to deliver your shipments to your clients on time, every time. Client communications is the key to our success and we treat and value every single customer as if they were our very first client.
We have a 24-hour sorting facility in Bolton near most major highways in Toronto, and can efficiently handle all of your final mile delivery requirements.
Contact us today to find out how we can help your business.
|Posted in:Final Mile DeliveryShipping3PL|
There are many occasions in the lifespan of any business when it becomes necessary to move offices. That might be because you are expanding your business to a second location, or downsizing it. Or it might be because you just want to ensure you are actually in the right location for your business.
Whatever the reason, there are always lots of things that you need to consider when you are thinking about moving offices. In this blog, we will take you through some of the most important of these - and as you will see, it's about much more than just remembering those boxes of paper.
Disassembling & Reassembling Furniture
Chances are you don't want to have to buy all new furniture, so that means you are going to want to transport your existing items as best as you can. But it is not simply a case of carrying it from one place to another. In fact, you will need to first disassemble your furniture, so that you can much more readily transfer it to the appropriate location, and then you'll need to reassemble it in the right place, in the right part of the office. All of that takes time, and it's something you might want to find help for.
IT Network Reconfiguration
If you are not careful, the simple act of moving your IT network can cause serious problems for your business. You could end up losing data, losing the security of the system that your customers rely on to keep their data safe, and putting your business at risk of further cyber trouble. You need to properly take it apart and professionally reconfigure it again at the other end to avoid these issues, and to ensure you still have the same complete IT system after you have moved offices.
Disposing Of Old Items
There will also be a huge number of items that you don't want to take with you, and you would rather just get rid of. But do you know how to actually dispose of everything in the most sensible, environmentally-friendly and simplest way possible? You might find that it's best to get some help with the disposal of filing cabinets, papers, chairs, tables and so on. And just how on earth do you dispose of the break room pinball machine, or a vending machine? You'll likely need some help on that front too.
As you can see, there are a lot of things to think about, and hiring professional commercial movers may be the best move you make. Having a dedicated project manager to make sure all aspects of your move are handled quickly and efficiently will make your life a lot simpler and make your move as stress-free as possible.
If you're considering an office move, please contact the professional commercial movers at High Energy Transport Inc. today, and discover Moving Done Right.
|Posted in:Commercial MoveOffice MoveOffice Relocation|
As we enter our 5th year in business, High Energy Transport Inc. has built a solid reputation as a trusted moving company our clients rave about our services!
We are now taking this commitment to exceptional customer service and expanding our service offering to businesses large and small across the Greater Toronto Area with Commercial Moving, Storage and Warehousing and Final Mile Delivery - White Glove Service.
Are you thinking of relocating your office or warehouse location? Do you need to dispose of your current office furniture? Well, Look no further. Whether you are a small business owner or have hundreds of employees, we are the movers you are looking for.
We get business.
We know that you can't skip a beat and need to be up and running within your new location like nothing has happened. We provide to all of our customers a dedicated project manager that works with you and your team from beginning to end. We go through every aspect of your needs and ensure no stone is left unturned to ensure a seamless office move and transition.
We also provide full install and decommissioning, bins, term carts, computer carts, protective monitor bags, computer bags, etc.
Storage & Warehousing
Are you running out of space in your warehouse? Are you wondering how to store your inventory?
We got you covered.
Our heated warehouse is accessible 24 hours a day; it can accommodate standard and oversized skids; and is conveniently located close to Toronto Pearson International Airport in Bolton.
Final Mile Delivery - White Glove Service
Do you need to get your products to your clients? Are your shipments too big, too bulky or too heavy?
We are here for you.
Final Mile Delivery
Whether you are a 3PL organization or a direct form the manufacturer client, please rest assured, your shipment is in good hands. We specialize in heavyweight and oversized shipments.
We have a 24-hour sorting facility in Bolton and can get your shipment out for delivery the very next day on most days.
White Glove Service
Our team members are ready to deliver your products to your customer for you. We can receive your products at our warehouse in Bolton, arrange a delivery time, deliver, un-package, assemble as well as remove and dispose of all packaging material.
We know we are an extension of your company and we want your customers to come back to you for future purchases. We take every step necessary to make certain it happens.
We guarantee your customers will be left with a smile and a big thumbs up.
At High Energy Transport Inc., we treat and value every single customer as if they were our very first client, which is why we are rated so highly with not only with our customers but with our entire teams and partners as well.
We are here and willing to help you any way we can, just call us today!
|Posted in:Commercial MoveOffice MoveOffice RelocationStorageWarehousingFinal Mile DeliveryWhite Glove ServiceOffice Furniture InstallationIT SupportHeavy MachineryJunk Removal|